Chloride / Sulphate Free Liquid Rust Remover
ShaliRustOff is chloride and sulphate free liquid rust remover. It effectively removes rust from steel surfaces. Preferably, ShaliRustOff is applied before application of any protective coating.
|Specific Gravity||1.18 ± 0.02||Nature||Acidic|
|Theoretical Coverage, kg/m2 *||0.12 to 0.15||Colour||Light Pink|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- Steel structures
- Water pipelines
- Shuttering plates
- Other steel surfaces.
- Simple, economical, cost effective and easy to apply.
- Contains corrosive, being free from any chloride component.
- Effective rust remover, even removes from areas difficult to reach
- Excellent for equipment and structural rust removal
- Remove dust, flakes, or other foreign particles by jet or dry air and clean the surface mechanically or by grinding to make it smooth before application.
- Thoroughly dust down the surfaces.
- ShaliRustOff is acidic in nature, when applied to clean rusted rebars. Ensure that traces of acid are removed completely with water jet before applying coatings or primers.
- Do not apply ShaliRustOff to clean rusted rebars in critical RCC structures.
- Remove majority of rust scales from surface of rusting steel structure / reinforcement by wire brush, chipping or grinding.
- Ensure that the substrate temperature is in the range of 5 OC – 40 OC.
- Apply ShaliRustOff on affected surface by using cotton waste swab or by brush.
- Leave the surface coated with ShaliRustOff for atleast 15 to 30 minutes.
- Rusty surface will change its colour to original blackish steel.
- Then remove the loose rust particles by scrubbing or simple dusting with brush.
- Still if any rust remains on surface of steel, apply second coat of ShaliRustOff on bone dry first coat.
- When applied over corroded reinforcement steel, wash the surface with clean water before taking up further works of repairs.
Health & Safety
• Use goggles, mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours as some people are sensitive to resins, hardeners and solvents.
• If swallowed seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 1 kg container.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.