Bonding Admixture For Adhesion & Repairs Of Concrete Structures
ShaliSBR Latex is a carboxylated styrene butadiene copolymer latex admixture that is designed as an integral adhesive for slurry bond coats, mortars and concrete to improve strength and weather resistance.
ShaliSBR Latex meets ASTM C 1059-86.
|Physical Appearance||Milky white liquid||Solid Content, %||42+ 2|
- Toppings, patches and leveling courses on concrete structured members
- Thin sets, terrazzo, stucco and bonding slurries.
- General reconstruction work and latex modified overlays.
- Passivating coat on reinforcement.
- Withstands chloride ion diffusion & sulphate/CO2 attack due to marine or industrial weather.
- Improves bond strengths to hardened concrete.
- Dense, impermeable, mortar for column & beam repairs.
- Reduces rate of corrosion while applied on steel bars.
- Reduces cracking through increased mortar flexural strength.
- Increases mortar wear resistance under rubber wheeled traffic.
- Increases mortar tensile strength.
- Ensure that concrete is 3 days old if ShaliSBR Latex is used as a slurry bond coat. Do not place slurry coat on standing water.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and rough. Remove all oil, dirt, debris, paint and unsound concrete.
- The surface must be prepared mechanically using a scabbler, bush hammer, shot blast or scarifier which will give a surface profile of a minimum 3 mm and expose the large aggregate of the concrete.
- Use vacuum cleaner or pressure washing to ensure thorough cleaning and removal of all residue.
- Ensure all concrete possess an open surface texture with all curing compounds and sealers removed.
- Pre-wet all areas to reduce moisture loss. Do not place product on standing water.
- For bonding toppings with this product, STP strongly recommends using a slurry coat rather than using this product as a primer by itself.
- Prime all prepared surface areas with a slurry coat before applying the topping.
- Follow mixing using drill machine fitted with paddle or small mixer machine. Place the topping on the slurry coat before the slurry coat dries out.
- Slurry Application: Spread the slurry with a stiff bristle broom until the suggested coverage rate is achieved.
- Topping Application: For patching, spread with a trowel, come-a-long, or a square tipped shovel to a thickness that matches the surrounding concrete. Finish by hand trowelling.
- On large floor areas, use screed strips as guides in combination with vibratory screeding to level. Compact and finish by hand or machine trowel.
- Proper curing procedures are important to ensure the durability and quality of the repair or over layment. To prevent surface cracking, a moist cure should be maintained for 24 hours, upto 3 days.
- Structural repairs for columns & beams can be executed using polymer mortar. This is a dry pack method to build up the spalled areas of the cover zone concrete and has high compressive and tensile strengths.
- Suggested Mix:
|Mix Type||Unit||Cement Slurry||Mortar|
|Sand zone II||kg||–||125|
|ShaliSBR Latex||L||11.5||7 – 10|
|Water||L||8 – 10||8 – 10|
Cleaning & Maintenance
Clean tools and equipment with water before the material hardens
Health & Safety
- Use goggles and hand gloves and mask during application.
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
Available in 5 L, 20 L & 200 L drum.
Keep in cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.