2K Epoxy Modified Sealants
ShaliSeal EMS (formerly known as ShaliEMS 700) is a two component, semi-rigid epoxy for filling control and construction joints in industrial concrete floors. This product supports the joint edges and reduces spalling of the edges caused by wheel traffic. ShaliSeal EMS has been designed for use under ACI 302, Section 4.10 recommendations for epoxy joint fillers.
|Pot Life at 24 OC, minute||15||Specific Gravity||1.30 – 1.50|
|Compressive Strength, 72 hrs||210 kg/cm2||Tack free time @ 24 OC, hrs||12|
|Tensile Strength, 7 days||46 kg/cm2||Chemical Resistance after 72 hrs, 24 OC· CaCl2 (10%)
· Caustic (10%)
· Muriatic Acid (10%)
|Elongation, 7 days, %||55 %|
|Water Absorption after 72 hrs immersion||1.1 %|
|Shore A Hardness||> 100|
- Concrete construction and control joints in industrial floors
- Crack filler repair for old floors.
- Semi-flexible formula that allows for limited temperature and humidity movement of concrete.
- Tough performance reduces floor joint repairs and maintenance.
- Suitable for filling cracks in older floors to reduce the rate of deterioration
Specifications / Compliances
ShaliSeal EMS is a semi flexible joint filler designed to comply with ACI 302 recommendations regarding control and construction joints.
- Ensure that the groove to be treated is free from oil, grease, paints or any other contamination.
- Any dust or loose particles has to be removed by air pressure or by any other suitable method
- Grooves should be clean and dry prior to the application of ShaliSeal EMS.
- Masking tape has to be applied near the edge of the groove to get a straight neat finish.
- Mix component A and Component B separately. If settling is observed in the Comp A and Comp B, loosen the settled material with the help of hand stirrer followed by power driven stirrer for quick homogenous mixing. Mix Comp B gradually into the Comp A under continuous stirring.
- After ensuring a homogenous mix, pour the mixed material into the groove.
- Joints should be overfilled and immediately cut with a razor knife or ground flush with the floor. If ShaliSeal EMS has completely hardened, a heat flame may be used to soften the material for easier removal.
- ShaliSeal EMS requires no special curing instructions. The product will cure within 24 hrs of placement @ 21 OC. Lower temperature will slow the curing rate.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Tools, equipment and general clean-up can be done with Xylene or Toluene
- Based on ACI 302 recommendations, epoxy joint filler should be applied 3 to 6 months after construction, the later the better.
- Do not use ShaliSeal EMS as an expansion joint sealant.
- Use only at temperature above 4 OC
- Contact surfaces must be cleaned and dry.
Health & Safety
- The product should not come in contact with the skin and eyes, or be swallowed.
- Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours as some people are sensitive to resins, hardeners and solvents.
- Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
- In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
- If swallowed seek medical attention immediately – do not induce vomiting.
Available in 11/2 kg Unit contains both hardener and resin packed in 15 kg carton.
Store in cool dry place, under the shed, away from heat.
6 months in original unopened sealed condition.