ShaliTex Expansion Joint Filler Board
High Resilient Non Bituminous Joint Filler Board
ShaliTex Expansion Joint Filler Board is a pre-moulded, high performance joint filler board. It is a closed cell and of cross linked structure. It has an excellent recovery of 95% (after compression upto 50%), which makes it the most suitable product for this application. It is an exclusive product specially designed to be used as expansion joint filler in concrete, brick, block work and isolation joints. It is rot free and contains no bitumen.
|Density, kg/m3||100.00||Service Temperature, OC||-40 to 70|
|Recovery after compression (upto 50%), %||95||Chemical Resistance||Very Good|
|Water Absorption, %||1 – 1.5|
- Filling structural expansion and structural separation joints in block and in situ concrete construction including screed floors, motorways, roads, runways, pedestrian areas, bridges, curbs, basements, retaining walls, vertical structures, subways and other structures.
- Filling all types of expansion joints in piers and lateral supports like abutments
- Roads, Airport Runways, Taxi tracks and various other joints of concrete floors
- Closed cell structure resulting negligible water/moisture absorption
- Excellent recovery after compression
- High resistance to chemical like most acids, alkalies oil and hydrocarbon
- Bitumen free hence non staining and free from bleeding
- Easy to cut, hand and install
- Rot proof hence does not age and disintegrate over prolonged use
- Use of ShaliBar/Backer rod is optional
- Remove dust, flakes or foreign particles by jet of dry air to clean the surface.
- Cut ShaliTex Expansion Joint Filler Board of appropriate width from the desired sizes and place the same in the groove in a way to flush with the external surface except for space required for ShaliBar and sealants
- In case of a new casting ShaliTex Expansion Joint Filler Board of appropriate width is fixed with copper screws before pouring concrete. The width is designed to flush with the external surface except for space required for ShaliBar and Sealants
- In highway construction, ShaliTex Expansion Joint Filler Board is placed appropriately 20mm below surface of finish level of pavement and filled with ShaliTex Sealing Compound / ShaliJet Sealing Compound / ShaliSeal PS / ShaliSeal PU
Health & Safety
- Totally Non hazardous
- However, it is preferred to use hand gloves while handling.
- Wash hands with water after handling
Available normally in 12, 20 and 25mm thickness. Higher thicknesses are available on request. Size of board is 2m x 1m and packed in polypropylene bag.
Store under shed and away from fire and heat.