ShaliTex® Sealing Compound
Bitumen Based Sealing Compound
ShaliTex® Sealing Compound is bitumen based sealant for concrete joints resistant to high temperature variations providing waterproof sealing for all type of horizontal joints. It is conforming to IS 1834 – 1984, Grade A specification.
|Colour||Black||Theoretical Coverage, 100 meters of running joint of 25 mm depth, kg *
· 12 mm
· 18 mm
· 25 mm
|Aviation Fuel / Kerosene Resistance Test, change in Penetration after 7 days immersion in Aviation fuel / kerosene, at 25 OC, 100
g./ 0.1 mm / 5 sec., max.
|Pour Point, OC, Max||180|
|Softening point OC , Min||85|
|Flow test , %, max.||5||Penetration, 25 OC, 0.1 mm, 5 sec.||15 – 50|
|Change in mass, %, max||Not Applicable||Extensibility, mm, min||6|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- Runway Joints
- Joints in garages, filling stations and other places of construction joints like in warehouse floors and secondary containment of walls and floors of artificial water ponds.
- Bridge / road joints.
- Ability to withstand expansion without cracking
- Good adhesion to concrete / other surface.
- Low susceptibility to flow during hot weather condition.
- Resistant to sunlight / rain and cyclic temperature changes.
- Anti-corrosive and prevents root growth.
- Resistant to ingress of foreign substance.
- Remove dust, flakes, oil, grease or other foreign particles by jet or dry air and clean the surface to make it smooth before applying ShaliTex Sealing Compound.
- Spray or brush, on the area where ShaliTex Sealing Compound is to be applied, ShaliTex Primer evenly throughout the joints and allow it to dry completely. 24 hours is enough to dry the primer during normal weather condition.
- Cover the joint by plastic film if rain is expected after primer application.
- Cut ShaliTex Sealing Compound drum and heat it to 180 – 210 OC while slowly stirring the material for uniformity. A 20 kg drum will take 2-3 hr at 190 – 200 OC for complete melting using hand stirrer. Do not overheat as this may cause frothing. If for any reason bubble appears during melting, keep the temperature around 180 OC for a longer time with slow manual stirring till the bubble disappears.
- Upon primer drying completely, pour molten ShaliTex Sealing Compound from one side of the joint allowing it to travel through the joint as much as practicable. While pouring, ensure that temperature of material is in the range of 190 – 200 OC.
- During the pouring process, to avoid spillage, place wooden boards on both sides of joint and pour from can with extended spout.
Health & Safety
- ShaliTex Sealing Compound is inflammable.
- Use goggles, gumboots, nose covers and hand gloves during application
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application
Available in 20 kg and 200 kg drum.
Keep in cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat.