STP Coloured Asphalt
Coloured Asphalt For Aesthetic And Special Applications
STP Coloured Asphalt is a synthetic binder developed for use in the production of Coloured Asphalt by hot mix process. The binder is polymer modified making it an ideally strong and flexible binder for high performance asphalt. STP Coloured Asphalt can be designed to meet specific purpose and to provide a strong and durable coloured pavement solution.
STP Coloured Asphalt is available in Yellow, Red & Green colours. Other colours may be produced depending on quantum.
- Boardwalks and Promenades.
- Architectural applications.
- Office buildings, Car parks.
- Sports venues and stadiums tracks.
- Parks and Squares.
- Toll plaza / Roundabouts.
- Wide range of long-lasting colour option.
- Greater creativity for landscape and architectural applications.
- Increased safety, guiding of traffic due to higher contrast, e.g. cycle tracks, colored bus lanes, pedestrian lanes, speed limit lanes, etc.
- Increased ride comfort and reduced noise.
- Mechanical resistance equal to that of a conventional asphalt mixture.
- Enhanced safety and traffic discipline.
- Cost effective, durable and easy to maintain.
- Easy application using conventional equipments
- Heat aggregates in the ratio given above up to 140 OC.
- Add STP Coloured Asphalt in the heated aggregates and mix well by heating in the hot mix plant to above 150 OC.
- Apply ShaliPrime SM over old bituminous or concrete pavement. For new bituminous pavement, ShaliPrime SM need not be applied.
- Spread the hot mix at 140 – 150 OC to ensure 25 mm finished compacted surface on the new bituminous pavement or primed old bituminous / concrete pavement where ShaliPrime SM is tacky.
- Compact until all roller marks have been removed from finished surface (Moist roller wheels with water during compaction. Water may be sprayed on surface to pavement hot mixture adhering to wheels.
- A smooth top layer could be achieved by surface finishing with STP Coloured Asphalt and sand only.
- Clean all mixing, spreading and compacting equipment to ensure they are free from black bituminous contaminants, if any.
- Ensure aggregates to be used are of light colour.
Health & Safety
- Do not allow the product to come in contact with the skin and eyes, or be swallowed.
- Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
- In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
- If swallowed seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting. In case of fire use dry chemical or carbon dioxide extinguishers.
Available in 200 Kg drums.
Keep in cool and dry place, in air tight containers, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed conditions.