Bituminous Anti-corrosive Multi-purpose Aluminium Coating
SuperSilverShield® is an anti-corrosive, water proofing paint with aluminium finish, It is composed of oxidised bitumen, volatile solvents and specially formulated aluminum compound.
|Consistency||Smooth , Uniform, Brushable||Finish||Silver|
|Drying Time, hr||5|
|DFT per coat||30 to 40 Micron||Specific Gravity||0.96|
SuperSilverShield® is used as a protective coating on iron, steel, masonry and other surfaces. It is used to reflect UV rays and protect bituminous waterproofing felts and fabrics, while giving a visually pleasing finish. It covers, in normal conditions,
- 9 to 11 m2/L when applied over metal and old painted surfaces.
- 7 to 9 m2/L when applied over bituminous surfaces.
- 5 to 7 m2/L when applied over brick masonry and concrete.
- Deflects UV rays and prevents degradation of membrane arising out of exposure to sunlight.
- Reduces heat radiation inside the buildings and thus provides a little insulation from atmospheric temperature.
- SuperSilverShield® is to be stirred well before use to ensure thorough dispersion of aluminium for a uniform finish.
- Loose dust should be brushed off and surface should be dry before application.
- Undercoat is not necessary for its application. It can be applied over old painted surfaces without burning off or scraping, provided the old surface is not in a flaky condition.
Health & Safety
• Lid of the container of SuperSilverShield® should be firmly fixed, when not in use.
• It is inflammable, keep away from any naked flame during application and storage.
• Use goggles and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
Available in 20 L drum.
Store in air tight containers in cool, dry place, under shed, away from heat and moisture.
12 months in original unopened sealed conditions.