High Performance SBS Modified Self-Adhesive Membrane
SuperTene is a self adhesive waterproofing membrane consisting of self adhesive SBS (Styrene Butadiene Styrene) modified / bitumen compound covered on the top side with high density cross – laminated polyethylene film and on the underside with an easy – to- peel silicon film.
- Highly recommended for waterproofing / damp-proofing of vertical foundation / walls.
- Waterproofing of structural concrete and masonry walls, pitch roof split slab concrete construction, both above and below ground.
- Waterproofing of Insulated roofs, wet areas like bathrooms, kitchens etc., parking areas, balconies, terraces, windows, garages.
- Waterproofing in general at all such place where the use of fire is not possible or is prohibited.
- Cold applied, does not require heat, chemical bonding agents or special tools.
- Easy and quick installation.
- Permanent flexibility and protection.
- Effective water and vapour barrier.
- Strong resistance to chemicals like chlorides, sulphates, alkalis, dilute acids, ozone and atmospheric pollutants.
- Clean the surface from all loose, dust, dirt, foreign material and particularly oil and grease marks
- Apply primer on the concrete substrate. Primer is not necessary for non porous / non-absorbent surface.
- Place the membrane on the primed surface and remove the film by peeling of the release paper not more than 30 cms at a time, while unrolling SuperTene.
- Press down the membrane from the middle to the outer edges. This will help to remove any entrapped air ensuring good adhesion to the substrate.
- SuperTene should always be protected to avoid damage caused by other trades, backfilling equipments and materials. Screeds, toppings and tiles should be laid as soon as possible, preferably the same day the membrane is applied. Under no circumstances should the membrane be left exposed for extended period.
Health & Safety
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes, and avoid swallowing.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapour.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
• In case of skin contact, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of eye contact, wash with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in two widths of 1 m x 20 m Roll and 1.1 m x 20 m Roll.
Keep in cool and dry place under shed away from heat.