Spun Bonded Non-woven Polyester Reinforced APP Modified WP Membrane
SuperThermoLay is an uniquely formulated pre-fabricated plastomeric waterproofing membrane with spun bonded polyester mat at its core. SuperThermoLay has an excellent resistance to weather and ageing. The core of 160 grm spun bonded non-woven polyester mat offers an excellent tensile strength, elongation and a superior lap joint strength. The polymer modification of bitumen with Atactic Polypropylene (APP) results in an excellent resistance to hot and cold temperatures.
SuperThermoLay forms an impervious, flexible waterproofing layer which can withstand normal movement of structure without showing any deterioration and serve for a prolonged period of time.
SuperThermoLay is normally used in protected roofing and waterproofing applications in a single layer system and is also recommended as base layer in multilayer system in various applications, including damp-proofing.
SuperThermoLay, with cold flexibility up to -2 OC is supplied in following variants:
- Plain finish with thermo-fusible polyethylene film on both surfaces,
- Mineral / natural grey slate finish with thermo-fusible polyethylene film on one surface, and mineral / natural gray slate on the other surface.
SuperThermoLay membranes are ideal for a wide range of waterproofing applications including roofs, reservoirs, basements, basement roof, sunken slabs, terrace garden, car parking, tunnels and bridge decks.
- Total impermeability.
- Excellent resistance to ageing and weathering.
- Outstanding bond-ability and seam integrity.
- Stability at high temperatures.
- High resistance to impact and puncture.
- Simple, single-layer installation reduces labour and error.
- Excellent cold flexibility.
- Clean the surface thoroughly to make it smooth and free of any foreign material.
- Apply a coat of ShaliTex Primer @ 0.3 L per sqm and allow it to dry. In areas of high humidity, the prime surface should be left over-night.
- On the primed surface, start laying of membrane at lowest point of the slope roof and progress to the higher point. Unroll the membrane half-way, align the side laps and fix SuperThermoLay membranes by using a LPG torch and applying uniform pressure with a roller/wet cloth to ensure to remove entrapped air, if any. Instead of propane torch, you may apply ShaliPrime APP, if so desired and wherever torching is not permitted or not advisable. If ShaliPrime APP is applied, ShaliTex Primer need not be applied.
- Flame should be moved in shape of “L” applying about 75 percent of the heat to the roll and 25 percent to the substrate including the lap area of previously installed membrane. The flame should be moved across the width and upto the lap edge while membrane is slowly unrolled and adhered to the under lying surface.
- Heat both layers of membrane at the overlap and use round tipped hot trowel to seal overlap. Excess compound should be smoothened and pressed into seam using hot trowel. Overlap joint shall be provided of 75 mm in longitudinal direction and 100 mm in transverse direction
- For UV protection on non-trafficable roof, SuperThermoLay waterproofing membrane shall be finally coated with Super Silver Shield.
- For trafficable roof SuperThermoLay Waterproofing system shall be protected with PCC dosed with ShaliPlast LW+ of 50mm thick / tiles loosely laid or fixed, over a separation layer of spot bonded ShaliGeoText 120 / 150 gsm
Health & Safety
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes, and avoid swallowing.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapour.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
• In case of skin contact, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of eye contact, wash with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
For 2 mm – 1 m x 15 m, for 3 / 4 mm – 1 m x 10 m
Keep in cool and dry place under shed away from heat.