SuperThermoLay Minus 5°C
Polyester Reinforced APP Modified WP Membrane With Minus 5°C Cold Flexibility
SuperThermoLay Minus 5 OC is an uniquely formulated pre-fabricated plastomeric waterproofing membrane with spun bonded polyester mat at its core with cold flexibility of minus 5 OC. SuperThermoLay Minus 5 OC has an excellent resistance to weather and ageing. The core of spun bonded non-woven polyester mat offers an excellent tensile strength, elongation and a superior lap joint strength. The polymer modification of bitumen with Atactic Polypropylene (APP) and special resins results in an excellent resistance to hot and cold temperatures
SuperThermoLay Minus 5 OC forms an impervious, flexible waterproofing layer which can withstand normal movement of structure without showing any deterioration and serve for a prolonged period of time.
SuperThermoLay Minus 5 OC is normally used in protected roofing and waterproofing applications in a single layer system and is also recommended as base layer in multilayer system in various applications, including damp-proofing.
|Penetration @ 25 OC||25 ± 5||Softening Point, OC||≥150|
|Tensile / Lap Joint Strength, N / 5 cm
||650 ± 150
500 ± 150
|Tearing Strength, N
||350 ± 100
300 ± 100
|Elongation, % @ 23 OC
||45 ± 10
50 ± 10
||L – 3
I – 3
|Water Absorption, %||0.2||Cold Flexibility, OC||Up to Minus 5 OC|
|Heat Resistance, 120 OC, 2 hr||No flow|
SuperThermoLay Minus 5OC membranes are ideal for a wide range of waterproofing applications including vertical basement walls, retaining walls, roofs, reservoirs, basements, basement roof, sunken slabs, terrace garden, car parking tunnels and bridge decks. It is safe to use in the geographical areas where temperature usually goes down to sub zero during winter where normal APP membranes may fail.
- Total impermeability.
- Excellent resistance to ageing and weathering.
- Outstanding bond-ability and seam integrity.
- Stability at high temperatures.
- High resistance to impact and puncture.
- Simple, single-layer installation reduces labour and error.
- Excellent cold flexibility.
- Free from any hazardous and toxic material.
- Clean the surface thoroughly to make it smooth and free of any foreign material.
- Apply a coat of ShaliTex Primer @ 0.3 L/m2 and allow it to dry. In areas of high humidity, the prime surface should be left over-night.
- On the primed surface, start laying of membrane at lowest point of the slope roof and progress to the higher point. Unroll the membrane half-way, align the side laps and fix SuperThermoLay Minus 5 OC membranes by using a LPG torch and applying uniform pressure with a roller/wet cloth to ensure to remove entrapped air, if any.
- Instead of propane torch, you may apply ShaliBond APP, if so desired and wherever torching is not permitted or not advisable. If ShaliBond APP is applied, ShaliTex Primer need not be applied.
- Flame should be moved in shape of “L” applying about 75 percent of the heat to the roll and 25 percent to the substrate including the lap area of previously installed membrane. The flame should be moved across the width and upto the lap edge while membrane is slowly unrolled and adhered to the under lying surface.
- Heat both layers of membrane at the overlap and use round tipped hot trowel to seal overlap. Excess compound should be smoothened and pressed into seam using hot trowel. Overlap joint shall be provided of 75 mm in longitudinal direction and 100 mm in transverse direction
- For UV protection on non-trafficable roof, SuperThermoLay Minus 5 OC waterproofing membrane shall be finally coated with Super Silver Shield.
- For trafficable roof SuperThermoLay Minus 5 OC Waterproofing system shall be protected with PCC of average 50mm thick dosed with ShaliPlast LW+.
Health & Safety
- Use goggles, hand gloves, gum boots and nose mask during application.
- Clean hands with warm water after application.
Rolls are available in 1 m x 10 m in 3 mm and 4 mm thickness.
Keep in dry place, under shed, away from source of fire / heat.