Spun Bonded Non-woven Polyester Reinforced SBS Modified WP Membrane
SuperThermoLay SBS is a high performance waterproofing membrane specially designed for cold climates
SuperThermoLay SBS is uniquely formulated pre-fabricated elastomeric waterproofing membrane with spun bonded polyester mat as its core. . It consists of a non-woven polyester reinforcement coated with a specially formulated mixture of SBS (Styrene Butadiene Styrene) modified Bitumen. SuperThermoLay SBS has an excellent resistance to weather and ageing. The core of 160 grm spun bonded non-woven polyester mat offers an excellent tensile strength, elongation and a superior lap joint strength. The polymer modification of bitumen with Styrene Butadiene Styrene (SBS) results in an excellent resistance to hot and cold temperatures.
SuperThermoLay SBS forms an impervious, flexible waterproofing layer which can withstand normal movement of structure without showing any deterioration and serve for a prolonged period of time.
SuperThermoLay SBS is normally used in protected roofing and waterproofing applications in a single layer system and is also recommended as base layer in multilayer system in various applications, including damp-proofing.
SuperThermoLay SBS is supplied in following variants:
- Plain finish with thermo-fusible polyethylene film on both surfaces,
Mineral / natural grey slate finish with thermo-fusible polyethylene film on one surface and mineral / natural gray slate on the other surface.
SuperThermoLay SBS is ideal for waterproofing of basement, retaining walls, all above ground waterproofing application like terrace, podium, roof garden and other waterproofing application like bridge deck, reservoir, tank etc.
- High flexibility at sub-zero application.
- High malleability for difficult basement and foundation works.
- Maintains shape at high temperatures.
- Withstands thermal shock.
- Accommodates structural movement.
- Resistant to chemical attack.
- STP Membranes are resistance to chlorides, sulphates and phosphates found in ground water
- The SBS modified Bitumen imparts it a special malleability which makes it easy to apply at sub-zero temperatures
- It is suitable for all types of waterproofing works including roofs, foundation works and basement tankings where large flexibility and malleability are required especially for sloping corners.
- Clean the surface thoroughly to make it smooth and free of any foreign material.
- Apply a coat of ShaliTex Primer @ 0.3 L per sqm and allow it to dry. In areas of high humidity, the prime surface should be left over-night.
- On the primed surface, start laying of membrane at lowest point of the slope roof and progress to the higher point. Unroll the membrane half-way, align the side laps and fix SuperThermoLay SBS membranes by using a LPG torch and applying uniform pressure with a roller/wet cloth to ensure to remove entrapped air, if any. Instead of propane torch, you may apply ShaliBond APP, if so desired and wherever torching is not permitted or not advisable. If ShaliBond APP is applied, ShaliTex Primer need not be applied.
- Flame should be moved in shape of “L” applying about 75 percent of the heat to the roll and 25 percent to the substrate including the lap area of previously installed membrane. The flame should be moved across the width and upto the lap edge while membrane is slowly unrolled and adhered to the under lying surface.
- Heat both layers of membrane at the overlap and use round tipped hot trowel to seal overlap. Excess compound should be smoothened and pressed into seam using hot trowel. Overlap joint shall be provided of 75mm in longitudinal direction and 100 mm in transverse direction.
- For UV protection on non-trafficable roof, SuperThermoLay SBS waterproofing membrane shall be finally coated with Super Silver Shield.
- For trafficable roof SuperThermoLay SBS Waterproofing system shall be protected with PCC dosed with ShaliPlast LW+ of 50mm thick / tiles loosely laid or fixed, over a separation layer of spot bonded ShaliGeoText 120 / 150 gsm
Health & Safety
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes, and avoid swallowing.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapour.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
• In case of skin contact, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of eye contact, wash with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 1 m x 10 m in 3 and 4 mm thickness.
Keep in cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat.