Bituminous Anti-Corrosive Multi-Purpose Coating
TankMastic® is a specially formulated anti-corrosive, tasteless, odourless, non-toxic and black bituminous coating for protecting the internal surface of storage water tanks, pipes, etc. from corrosion. It conforms to IS: 9862/1981 as well IS: 158/1981.
|Colour||Semi Glossy Black when dry||Dry film thickness per coat||50-60 microns|
|Consistency||Uniform; applicable by brush or spray gun||Theoretical Coverage, m2/L
– On metal surface
– On concrete surface
|Drying Time, hr, max||Touch dry in 2-4 hr
Hard drying within 8 hr
|Specific Gravity||0.92||Flash Point, OC||35|
TankMastic® provides corrosion protection coating to all types of iron, steel, masonry / concrete surfaces.
It being non-toxic / odourless, is suitable for coating insides of masonry / steel water tanks.
- It is easily applicable by brush/spray gun. It dries rapidly leaving black glossy finish.
- The resultant film is tough and elastic and does not crack easily due to structural movements.
- It is resistant to diluted acids and alkalis.
- It is non-toxic and does not impart odour or taste to water or other contents in contact.
- The base metal should be cleaned thoroughly by sand blasting or otherwise. Before application, surface should be totally dry, free from moisture, oil, grease, mill scale or rust.
- For better performance, a coat of ShaliTex® Primer is recommended on metallic surfaces, However, for concrete or other porous surfaces, a coat of ShaliTex® Primer is pre-requisite. ShaliTex® Primer should be allowed to dry hard before TankMastic® is applied
- TankMastic® must be stirred properly before applying by brush or spray gun. Two coats of TankMastic® are recommended for concrete and three coats for metallic surfaces.
Health & Safety
• Lid of the container should be firmly fixed, when not in use.
• TankMastic® shall have no harmful reaction, when it comes in contact with drinking water.
• Use goggles and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with warm soap water after application
Available in 1 L, 4 L, 20 L and 200 L drum.
Keep in cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat.