APP Modified Non-woven Polyester Based Pliable Membrane With Release Film
TarFelt® APP is uniquely formulated, cold applied, pre-fabricated, economic elastomeric waterproofing membrane with non-woven polyester mat core.
TarFelt® APP forms an impervious, flexible waterproofing layer which can withstand normal movement of structure without showing any deterioration and serve for a prolonged period of time.
TarFelt® APP is normally used in protected roofing and waterproofing applications in a single layer system and is also recommended as base layer in multilayer system in various applications, including damp-proofing.
TarFelt® APP may, if so desired, be applied with hot bitumen of 30/40 grade after removing the release film. However, for application with hot bitumen, as aforesaid, TarFelt® APP is also produced without release film and is recommended for such application as it is slightly cheaper without any compromise on its characteristics. Bitumen Grade 85/25 or 90/15 shall be used for vertical surface.
- Waterproofing of
- corrugated asbestos / metal sheets.
- Basement / retaining walls in low water pressure area.
- Residential roofs / podiums.
- As base layer in multi-layer waterproofing system.
- As virtual self-adhesive waterproofing membrane in combination with ShaliBond APP and can be applied to the surface without any torching or heating.
- As DIY (Do-It-Yourself) and repair product.
- Waterproofing of
- Total impermeability.
- Excellent resistance to ageing and weathering.
- Outstanding bond-ability and seam integrity.
- Stability at high temperatures.
- Very high resistance to impact and puncture.
- Simple, single-layer installation reduces labour and error.
- Good cold flexibility.
Health & Safety
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes, and avoid swallowing.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapor.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection
• In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of eye contact, wash immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting
Rolls are available in 1 m x 20 m in 1.5 / 2 mm thicknesses.
Keep in cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat.