Coal Tar Based Economical Anti-corrosive Coating
TarstilTar Gr A / Gr B is Coal Tar based economical anti-corrosive coating.
TarstilTar Gr A conforms to IS : 290/1961, Type A, and is recommended where a good quality quick drying product is desirable.
TarstilTar™ Gr B conforms to IS : 290 / 1961 Type B.,
|TarStilTar Gr A||TarStilTar Gr B|
|Drying Time, hrs||4||24|
|Dry film thickness per coat||50 Micron||60 Micron|
|Theoretical Coverage, m2/L
– On metal Surface
– On concrete Surface
– On wooden surface
|Flash Point, OC||60||75|
- TarstilTar Gr A is recommended for use on structural steel works, ship holds and other steel structures exposed to saline atmosphere and TarstilTar™ Gr B is mainly used for corrosion protection of boats, barges and other structures exposed to saline atmosphere, where cost is a prime consideration and drying time of little consequence.
- It is in fact the most economical protecting medium for all kinds of steel and wood work.
- Easy to apply
- The surface to be treated should be thoroughly cleaned and dried. All dirt scales and dust must be removed.
- Apply by brush to form a protective film on evaporation.
- Two coats are normally recommended. The period of protection is, however, considerably increased by the application of a third coat.
- Each subsequent coat should be applied when preceding coat has become dry and hard.
- Three coats of Tarstil Tar Special™ are generally recommended.
Health & Safety
• It is inflammable. Hence keep away from direct flame.
• Use goggles and hand gloves during application
• Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
Available in 20 L and 200 L container.
Keep in cool and dry place, under shed away, from heat.