ShaliPoxy® 400 FG
2K Food Grade Epoxy Coating For Single Feed Airless Spray Gun
ShaliPoxy® 400 FG is fast setting, spray applied, solvent free, food grade, two component epoxy coating for internal / external lining of steel / concrete surface of pipes, vessels and other equipments used for potable water. ShaliPoxy® 400 FG is spray applied by single feed airless spray gun.
ShaliPoxy® 400 FG may be designed to meet specific physical and / or technical characteristics parameters required by the customer. The undernoted physical and / or technical parameters are of standard ShaliPoxy® 400 FG produced by the company.
It conforms to BS : 6920 : 2014, IS 16676:2017 (Clauses 4.3 & 9.1) and AWWA C-210 : 2003
- Excellent coating for internal / external lining of pipelines where abrasion / chemical resistance is of major concern.
- Excellent coating for internal / external linings of potable water pipelines.
- Internal coating for concrete / steel potable water storage.
- Sea water intake tunnels.
- Solvent free, fast setting, high build-up epoxy.
- Excellent film build capabilities exceeding 200 Micron in single coat, which can be extended with multiple passes.
- Excellent food grade properties.
- Excellent chemical / abrasion resistance properties.
- Good temperature resistance properties.
- Very low permeability.
- Surface Preparation
- Remove all loose gravel, dirt, oil, grease or other loose foreign particles by sand blasting / iron brush / compressed air.
- Prepare surface by mechanical grinding, shot blasting conforming to SA2½.
- Material Preparation
- Stir drums of each component thoroughly for uniformity. For best result, use a variable speed drill mixer with a spiral type blade at the bottom of stirrer rod. The speed may be 400-600 rpm.
- Application of Material
- Apply ShaliPoxy® 400 FG by single feed airless spray gun to the required thickness on the prepared substrate.
- The tip pressure typically should be 2500-4000 psi (the tip pressure should be adjusted to achieve good atomization of the spray).
- Tip size typically should be 27 – 35 Thou orifice.
Health & Safety
- Avoid contact with skin / eyes, and avoid swallowing.
- Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapour.
- Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
- In case of skin contact, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
- In case of eye contact, wash with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
- If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 200 L drum with 1 drum of Component B for every 3 drums of Component A.
Store in a cool dry place, under shade, away from heat.
12 months in original, unopened, sealed condition.