Flexible Expansion Joint Sealing Tape
ShaliTape® Flex is a high performance joint tape for expansion joints and cracks. ShaliTape® Flex thermoplastic elastomeric behavior allows irregular and high movement in more than one direction while maintaining a high quality seal. ShaliTape® Flex is resistant to water, cement-water, sea water, domestic sewage, bitumen, light fuel oil, diesel, alkali, acid, ethanol, methanol and petrol.
- Flexible waterproofing seal for expansion joints subject to large amount of movements in service.
- Flexible waterproofing seals in tunnels, road-works, etc.
- Sealing expansion joints in prefabricated panels.
- Sealing structural joints in facades.
- Sealing joints in hydraulic works, such as channels, basins, drains, pipe-works.
- Waterproofing expansion joints in flat covering layers.
- Easy to install.
- Suitable for both dry and damp concrete surfaces.
- Extremely flexible.
- Performs well within a wide range of temperatures.
- Excellent adhesion to many materials.
- Weather and water resistant.
- Fast curing.
- Suitable for contact with potable water.
- Root resistant.
- Good resistance to many chemicals.
- Versatile system suitable for many difficult situations.
- Ensure that surface is thoroughly cleaned and dried. All dirt, scales, oil, grease and foreign particles must be removed.
- Prime surface with ShaliBond TPE @ 800 g / m2.
- Allow it to dry.
- Choose the most suitable width of ShaliTape® Flex.
- Unroll the tape until the desired length is reached.
- Apply ShaliBond TPE on both side of the joint, 20 mm on each side for 100 mm width tape at the rate of 800 gm / m2. For 200 mm tape adhesive should be coated 25mm on each side of the joint or crack.
- Place the tape over the adhesive layer in a way such that 10mm adhesive remained exposed. Press the tape slightly to ensure good adhesion.
- Apply 2nd coat of adhesive at the rate of 800 gm per sq mt over the tape in such a way that tape upper surface is coated with adhesive for 10mm and rest adhesive is put on the exposed adhesive surface coated first.
- Gap between two coats should be minimum 3 hrs and maximum 18hrs
- Do not applying when it is raining, freezing or snowing.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Clean all tools immediately after use with Xylene. Do not allow the material to harden.
Health & Safety
- Use goggles and hand gloves during application.
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
Available in 20 m x 1 m and 20 m x 20 cm roll.
Store in a cool dry place, under shade, away from heat. Do not stack more than three rolls in one column.
24 months in original unopened sealed condition.