Extruded Polystyrene Thermal Insulation
ShaliXPS® extruded polystyrene rigid board is a high performance insulation material with a proven track record facilitating considerable saving of electricity, thus facilitating green building concept. ShaliXPS® can be used widely for various climatic conditions. It has been successfully used for a varied range of temperature and under high humid condition in various part of the country. ShaliXPS® has a high compressive strength to enable it to use it for over deck, floor, machine/plant room, etc.
The high thermal resistance property of ShaliXPS® is a result of arresting / millions of tiny closed air cell separated from each other in a unit block.
ShaliXPS® is having a skin formed on top and bottom faces facilitating protection and providing excellent barrier to absorption of water, moisture, dew.
ShaliXPS® keeps its R (Resistivity or Resistance to heat flow) value retained even after its long exposure to high humidity, ground water, freeze thaw cycle and other extreme climatic conditions.
It conforms to ASTM C 578 – Type IV.
- Thermal insulation of roof / terrace / exterior walls / underdeck / cold storages / auditorium in commercial / residential buildings and plant room.
- Protection of waterproofing layer for retaining walls / other areas.
- Preferred thermal insulation material for Green Buildings.
- Can be used for different kind of areas in the building like roof, walls, floors. It is also used for roofs with different shapes, size, construction materials.
- Completely closed cell structure.
- Resistant to moisture, and water absorption.
- High Thermal Resistance.
- Excellent compressive strength.
- Dimensionally stable.
- Does not age and rot.
- Fire Retardant.
- Reusable and can be recycled.
- Light weight and durable.
- Easy to cut handle and install.
- Resistant to freeze thaw cycle.
- Clean surface with broom / wire brush to remove all loose dust dirt and any other foreign materials.
- In case of conventional roofing system, ShaliXPS® shall be laid on the roof surface by adhering with CPRX Compound.
- Membrane like PVC, TPO and EPDM shall be laid over ShaliXPS® as a waterproofing layer.
- In case of trafficable roof, membrane shall be protected with a suitable finish to avoid damage.
- In case of invertible roofing system, Lay ShaliXPS® over Polymer Modified Bituminous Membrane and other waterproofing system by adhering the ShaliXPS® slabs to be laid only on perimeter. Use CPRX Compound or double side bituminous adhesive tapes.
- Rest of the roof area shall be covered with ShaliXPS® slabs by simply laying it free over the membrane/waterproofing system.
- In case the roof is not covered totally on the same day, the last row of ShaliXPS® shall be fully adhered with CPRX Compound to ensure no displacement of the ShaliXPS® slab.
- A layer of Geo-textile of 150 / 200 gsm shall be loosely laid with an overlap of 50 mm and all overlap joints shall be sealed totally with an adhesive.
- Finally a suitable protection of PCC or tiles either loosely laid or fixed with a cement mortar bed shall be applied.
Health & Safety
- Clean hands with water after application.
- No irritation skin and odourless.
Available in several grades in different thicknesses and compressive strength. It is available either in square or shiplap edge finish and also available in thicknesses in , 30, , 50 and 75 mm. The normal size of slab is 2.4 x 0.6 m or 2.4m x 1.2m.
The standard packing is:
|Thickness (mm)||2400 x 600mm (1.44 m²)||2400 x 1200mm (2.88 m²)|
|Per/Pack||Area (m²)||Per/Pack||Area (m²)|
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from fire and heat.